DUO Required for Accessing Direct Deposit Self-Service Information – Effective August 1, 2017, all UA employees will be required to use DUO Two Factor Authentication to access their online, self-service direct deposit banking information on myBama. DUO provides a secure avenue for UA employees to access direct deposit information from both on and off campus. By requiring DUO, Financial Affairs and The Office of Information Technology can better protect the myBama credentials of UA faculty, staff and students from remote attackers to ensure account safety. For more information, and to activate DUO, please visit www.oit.ua.edu/duo.
Registration required to fly Unmanned Aircraft Systems (drones) on UA properties or off-campus in affiliation with the University – University of Alabama students, faculty, staff, volunteers, and visitors must comply with UA’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) (i.e, drone) policy and use the online UAS registration form for approval for the personal, commercial and Institutional use of any drones on UA properties or off-campus in affiliation with the University. Visit https://compliance.ua.edu/unmanned-aircraft-systems/ to review the policy or to register a flight. Contact the Office of Compliance, Ethics, and Regulatory Affairs at email@example.com or 348-2334 for questions or assistance.
You can review the dependent eligibility definitions and documentation requirements at http://hr.ua.edu/benefits-eligibility-details#1.
Teachers Retirement System News
- For articles about RSA’s low investment cost and how to feather your retirement nest, read the May Advisor.
- Register now for a Retirement Preparation Seminar Tier 1 only. Dates have been released for 2017.
- For members not eligible for a Retirement Preparation Seminar, register for a Mid-Career Seminar called “Control Your Money Game.”
- The Regular Session starts on February 7. Stay abreast of bills affecting your retirement and healthcare benefits at the Alabama Legislature website and RSA Legislation webpage.
- Plan a spring getaway or a weekend around Valentine’s Day at the RSA hotel member discount webpage.
FLSA Implementation UPDATE – As a result of the Nov. 22 injunction that temporarily delayed implementation of the 2016 FLSA regulations, UA employees identified as Professional Nonexempt will not begin tracking their time on Thursday, Dec. 1. Human Resources will continue to monitor the situation and will communicate with employees and their supervisors when the issue is resolved. If you have questions, please contact the HR Service Center
The University of Alabama Acts Of Kindness Employee Relief Fund is available to provide appropriate relief to eligible faculty and staff of the University of Alabama who experience a qualifying event or emergency. Applicants of the Fund must have a documented event or emergency situation that has caused a financial hardship. To begin the application process, an employee must contact the Department of Human Resources at 348-7732 or firstname.lastname@example.org.