UPDATED: Online System for Reporting COVID-19 Vaccination, Requesting Exemption Now Available
- November 18th, 2021
- in Uncategorized
Faculty, staff and student employees:
As a follow up to the Friday, Oct. 22, communication announcing The University of Alabama’s obligation to comply with President Biden’s Executive Order 14042, the Vaccine Management Portal is now available for all faculty, staff, and student employees to report vaccination status or request a disability/medical or religious exemption.
All employees must take action in the portal. All student employees must also take action in the portal. Those who uploaded vaccination documents to receive an incentive must still complete this process.
Those who were vaccinated on campus through the University Medical Center, Student Health Center or on-campus mobile unit need only provide permission through the portal for their COVID-19 vaccination information to be shared for this purpose.
Those who were vaccinated off campus must provide proof of vaccination by uploading a copy of one of the following documents:
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card;
- Record of immunization from a health care provider or pharmacy;
- Medical records documenting the vaccination;
- Immunization records from a public health or state immunization information system; or
- Other official documentation verifying vaccination with the vaccine name, administration date, and the name of the health care professional or clinic site administering the vaccine.
Employees requesting a religious exemption are strongly encouraged to complete the COVID-19 Vaccine Exemption Request Form (via the portal) no later than Nov. 19 to allow adequate time for review and additional action — if needed — before the Jan. 4 deadline.
Employees requesting an exemption due to a medical condition must first have their medical provider complete the Medical Provider Inquiry Form and attach the completed form when filling out the COVID-19 Vaccine Exemption Request Form. Submissions are strongly encouraged no later than Nov. 19 to allow adequate time for review and additional action — if needed — before the Jan. 4 deadline.
As a reminder, pursuant to the terms of the Executive Order and accompanying guidance, UA faculty, staff, and student employees must be FULLY VACCINATED, HAVING COMPLETED THE FINAL SHOT IN THE VACCINATION PROCESS, OR HAVE AN APPROVED EXEMPTION by Jan. 4, 2022.
- Nov. 19 – vaccination exemption requests strongly encouraged by this date
- Jan. 4 – deadline to be fully vaccinated, having completed the final shot in the vaccination process, or receive an approved exemption