New Employee Orientation
New Employee Orientation sessions vary based on employee position status – Faculty or Staff.
1) New Faculty Welcome – One general session offered by the Office of Academic Affairs at the start of the semester.
2) College New Faculty Orientation – Some colleges host a separate orientation for their new faculty.
3) New Faculty Benefits Enrollment – Multiple sessions offered at the start of the fall and spring semester facilitated by the Benefits Office.
Staff Sessions – All employees (faculty and staff) are welcome to attend.
1) New Staff Orientation – new staff employees and/or employees with a change in status – Offered bi-weekly and facilitated by HR Learning and Development.
2) New Staff Benefits Orientation – new staff employees and/or employees with a change in status – Offered bi-weekly and facilitated by the Benefits Office.
3) New Management Orientation – new staff employees hired or moving into a management or supervisory role – Offered monthly and facilitated by HR Learning and Development.
Note: New staff employees must attend orientation as soon as possible after beginning employment. Employees with a change in status must attend orientation immediately following the date their job status changes. Enrollment in UA benefits must take place within 30 days of your official date of hire.
Orientation Descriptions and Upcoming Sessions Calendar
New Faculty Orientation
New Faculty Benefits Orientation Sessions for Spring 2020 will be posted in December.
New Staff Orientation
Day 1 New Staff Orientation – The first day of New Staff Orientation welcomes UA staff employees to campus life by introducing them to the people, places, programs, policies and benefits that make The University of Alabama a great place to work. New staff employees must attend an orientation session as soon as possible after beginning employment. Current Employees who change to a benefits eligible status also need to attend once the change is effective.
Day 2 New Staff Benefits Orientation – The second day of orientation offers new employees the opportunity to understand and enroll in UA benefits programs. These programs allow you to save money now and later using tax deferred savings programs, tax savings spending accounts, and retirement plans. New staff employees have 30 days from their date of hire to enroll in benefits.
Each person will be required to present documentation substantiating eligibility in order to enroll a dependent in any of our health, dental, or vision insurance plans. The types of documentation required can be found at Dependent Documentation.
Day 3 Management Orientation– For those who are new to a supervisory/management position at The University of Alabama and will be supervising Staff. This will include new hires as well as existing employees who are new to a supervisory/management role. Current members of management are welcome to attend.
For additional information that can be helpful in your transition to The University of Alabama, visit the Onboarding Guide for New Employees at http://hr.ua.edu/employee-resources/new-employee/onboarding-guide-for-new-employees.
2019 New Staff Orientation Sessions
|September||9, 23||10, 24||11|
|October||7, 21||8, 22||9|
|November||4, 18||5, 19||13|