The University of Alabama was named the Alabama Governor’s Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities Large Business Employer of the Year during a statewide awards ceremony at the Birmingham Hyatt on September 8, 2022.
University of Alabama Senior Associate Vice President for Human Resources Susan Norton said it is an honor to be recognized for their efforts to establish a more inclusive workforce. “This program is already a win-win, as it not only provides career opportunities for those with disabilities but also makes UA a better employer and teaching institution. We’re better able to serve not only our employees but also our students and our community.” Watch a full length recording of the acceptance speech given by Susan Norton.
The Alabama Governor’s Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities awards recognizes the contributions and successes of people with disabilities and those businesses that provide opportunities for individuals with disabilities to achieve through competitive, integrated employment.
- Governor’s Committee Award Winners Announced, Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services, September 8, 2022
- UA Honored by Governor Ivey for Disability Employment Initiative, UA News, September 15, 2022
- University of Alabama Earns Governor’s Award, Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services, September 22, 2022
- UA Work Training for People With Disabilities ‘Life Changing’, UA News, October 20, 2022
- UA Provides Accommodating Tools to Empower Employees, UA News, February 27, 2023
Direct questions about the University enAble program and supporting individuals with disabilities to Jaime Mitchell, HR Business Partner, at (205) 348-3099.