Guidelines for Advertising Jobs
Advertising Service from HR and the Office of Student Media
Now available, a comprehensive statewide classified advertising program that offers ease of placement through the Office of Student Media, consistent and professional employment ads and significantly reduced recruiting costs. The program includes deeply discounted advertising rates with Tuscaloosa News and Birmingham News, as well as access to Ala-Scan, which allows placement of ads in over 100 Alabama newspapers at very reasonable rates. To place an ad, go to www.hrads.ua.edu. For additional information, contact the Office of Student Media at 348-7257.
Guidelines for Advertising Jobs
Required items/language in ads
- Job title
- Application deadline
- Method of application: http://jobs.ua.edu
- Visit UA’s employment website at jobs.ua.edu for more information and to apply. The University of Alabama is an equal-opportunity employer (EOE), including an EOE of protected vets and individuals with disabilities.
The University of Alabama seeks a creative and experienced systems professional that will define the needs of our HRIS system, provide technology solutions and manage all HR software. Application deadline 12/31/2018. Visit UA’s employment website at jobs.ua.edu for more information and to apply. The University of Alabama is an equal-opportunity employer (EOE), including an EOE of protected vets and individuals with disabilities.
Use of Ads for Non-Exempt (Hourly paid) Jobs
In addition to the UA website, the department may determine that it is necessary to utilize additional advertisement venues to attract a diverse pool of qualified candidates. The department must include a copy of the ad within the on-line Job Requisition for review prior to it being placed in any advertising venue. The guidelines listed above in the Required Items section applies.
Use of Ads for Exempt (Monthly paid)
Unless otherwise approved, all exempt jobs should be advertised in venues outside of the UA website. The department must include a copy of the ad within the on-line Job Requisition for review prior to it being placed in any advertising venue. The guidelines listed above in the Required Items section applies.
Methods of Advertising
- Unless otherwise approved, all staff positions recruited by the University should be listed on the UA JOB website.
- The hiring department should identify other advertising venues that will attract a diverse pool of qualified applicants to include print publications, list serves, letters of announcement, meetings, etc.
- The Office of Student Media in conjunction with Human Resources makes available a comprehensive statewide classified advertising program offering consistent and professional ads at significantly reduced recruiting costs. Contact the Office of Student Media at 348-2456 for more assistance.
- NOTE: If using a web-based job posting service (i.e. Monster.com) make sure to refer potential applicants to the UA employment website to apply – jobs.ua.edu
- The University has committed to certain actions in order to attract qualified minority candidates for all Administrative/Professional/Executive (EEO 3 and EEO 1) recruitments:
The hiring department should minimally do the following:
*Include African Americans on the search committee if feasible;
*Consult with African American employees to identify prospective
Human Resources will do the following:
- Following are some websites that have been used for EEO 3 and EEO 1 jobs.
LinkedIn: Contact your HR Recruiter for posting information
ScholarlyHires.com: Exempt staff positions and Faculty positions are automatically posted
The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education: www.jbhe.com
The Chronicle of Higher Education: http://careers.chronicle.com
Association of American Colleges and Universities: www.aacu-edu.org
Contact the Affirmative Action Coordinator in your area for assistance in outreach efforts. For a complete listing, click here http://eop.ua.edu/persons.html#aac.
Length of recruitment period
For exempt (salaried) jobs:
|Regular (open to external applicants):||Minimum of 7 days|
|Regular (campus only search):||Minimum of 7 days|
|Regular (department only search):||Minimum of 7 days|
|Temporary:||Minimum of 7 days|
For non-exempt (hourly) jobs: Minimum of 3 days.
Please note, all Staff Employment positions close at 10:55pm CST.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR EEO 1 RECRUITMENTS
- A search committee must be used for all EEO 1 recruitments
- The job must be open and advertised for a minimum of 30 days
- Active outreach must be made to attract female and minority candidates (beyond what is listed above in item #4). Contact the Affirmative Action Coordinator in your area or the University Compliance Officer/Director EEO Programs (348-5855) for assistance in outreach efforts.
- The Provost must review all candidates selected to be interviewed prior to contacting any applicant. Departments should not conduct interviews before receiving approval form the Provost. HR will forward the applicants information to the Provost once those candidates have been identified in the on-line recruitment system.
For more information or assistance with your search, contact your HR Recruiter.