I’m a UA student or employee. How do I complete the Child Protection Policy: Sessions I & II course in Training Academy?
You will not be able to access the course until it has been assigned to you.
Before accessing Training Academy, or to address any technical problems you might experience, you should ensure your computer and browser are ready to use Skillsoft products by following the instructions in the Online Compliance Training Quick Start Guide (PDF) or this FAQ entry.
When your computer and browser are ready:
1. Access Training Academy via the link in the notice or the Training Academy page of the HR Learning & Development website.
2. Log in with your myBama ID and Campus Wide Identification Number (CWID).
Your myBama ID is the username you enter to log on to myBama. It is the part of your official UA email address ending in @bama.ua.edu or @crimson.ua.edu that comes before the @ sign.
If you are unable to log in, please contact HR Learning & Development at 205-348-9700 or HRLearningandDevelopment@ua.edu.
3. To access your courses, select Learning Plan at the top of the left column. Your current training requirements will appear in the middle of the page.
Be sure you select Learning Plan; your current training requirements will not be visible if you select Completed Training / Review Material or Curriculum Groups.
Your Learning Plan is organized by:
- Overdue Training
- Required Courses
- Optional Courses
- For UA students who are not UA employees, the course may appear under Optional Courses. Please note that, regardless of where it is located in your Learning Plan, you may be required to complete the course due to your involvement in UA activities.
4. Select the Run Course arrow next to Child Protection Policy Sessions I and II.
5. The course Introduction will open in a new window, as will several other parts of the course. If you don’t see a new window, it may be hidden behind other windows or your pop-up blocker may be enabled.
6. After reading the Introduction, select Training Modules in the left column.
7. The Child Protection Policy course has two sessions. Session I – Protecting Children From Abuse contains the course content and Session II – Child Protection Certification and Acknowledgement is a brief online form. You will not be able to access Session II until after you complete Session I.
Select Run Course to begin Session I.
8. Select Yes to agree to the Conditions of Self-Monitored Training.
9. After reading the overview, select Play this Course to proceed.
10. Select which version to play: Standard or Web Accessibility. Unless you use a screen reader or other assistive technology, choose Standard.
11. The course player will open in a new window. Use the Skillsoft Course Player navigation buttons to move through the course.
A sample course is pictured below, along with a description of each course player button and its function(s).
- Table of Contents – Access to all instructional content.
- Progress & Tests – Information about your progress in the course, including test status and scores and your progress for individual lessons or topics.
- Begin Course / Return to Bookmark / Next Page – Main navigation button. Used to begin the course, resume where you left off, or move to the next page.
- Pause – Used to halt the course. Pressing it again will resume the course.
- Previous Page – Displays the previous page.
- Audio – Turns the audio off or on.
- Auto Advance – Turns the auto advance off or on. Once a course is started, it plays automatically, stopping on pages that require user interaction. If auto advance is disabled, you have to click the Next Page button to progress.
- Closed Captions – Turns captions on and off.
- Home – Returns you to Table of Contents or Progress & Tests, depending on where you entered the course.
- Resources Dialog – Contents vary by course but may include references, course index, Job Aids, transcripts, settings, and more.
- Exit – Use this button to exit the course; otherwise, your progress may be lost.
12. After completing Session I, select Exit to exit the course player and return to the Training Modules page. If you don’t see the Training Modules page, it may be hidden behind other windows.
13. After Session I, you may need to select Refresh in order to update your completion status on the Training Modules or Learning Plan page.
Select Run Course to begin Session II.
If you believe you have completed Session I but are still unable to access Session II, please see this FAQ entry.
14. Respond to all questions, then select Submit.
15. Select Exit to return to the Training Modules page.
16. After completing Session II, you may need to select Refresh in order to update your completion status on the Training Modules or Learning Plan page.
You may select Transcript in the left column to view and print or save a report of your training history, including courses completed, courses in progress, and overdue courses.
You may select the Print Certificate icon next to a completed course to print or save a completion certificate. You do not need to submit a certificate to HR.
Select Exit to log out of Training Academy.