How long will it take to complete the mandated compliance training courses in Training Academy?
All faculty, staff, and student employees must take annual mandated compliance training on Child Protection Policy, Hazard Communication, and, beginning in 2014, Harassment.
The format and expected duration for courses associated with these topics is listed below. Your actual completion time will vary, depending on which courses you are assigned and how quickly you progress through each course.
Child Protection Policy
- Child Protection Policy: Sessions I & II
- Session I: Protecting Children from Abuse (Skillsoft Course Player; 30 minutes)
- Session II: Child Protection Policy Certification and Acknowledgment (online form; 10 minutes)
- Notice of Changes to The University of Alabama Child Protection Policy (PDF; 10 minutes)
- UA Child Protection Policy Refresher (PDF; 10 minutes)
- Intro to Hazard Communication: Right to Know (PDF; 10 minutes)
- Hazard Communication: An Employee’s Right to Know (Skillsoft Course Player; 30 minutes)
- Hazard Communication Update (Skillsoft Course Player; 15 minutes)
- Harassment Prevention for Employees – Higher Education Edition (Skillsoft Course Player; 30 minutes)
- UA Harassment Policy & Reporting Channels for Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Assault or Sexual Violence (PDF; 10 minutes)
- Beginning with the 2017 spring semester, Title IX training became a mandatory compliance training for faculty, staff, and graduate employees.