This Vision Care Plan is offered as a part of our commitment to your well-being. UnitedHealthcare’s Vision Care Plan provides affordable, quality vision care, nationwide. All plan members should log in to the UnitedHealthcare Vision website, www.myuhcvision.com, and print an ID card for themselves or a family member. ID cards contain Member ID numbers and are required for doctors’ visits and billing purposes. To print an ID card for a family member, the plan member may log in to the UHC Vision website with his or her credentials, select “print ID card”, and select the desired dependent from the drop-down menu.
Click on the links below to find information on UA’s vision care benefits.
When using a network provider, enrolled participants and eligible dependents are eligible for the following:
100% covered once every 12 months. A comprehensive vision examination is provided by a network optometrist or ophthalmologist after a $10 co-payment.
After the material co-payment, lenses are 100% covered every 12 months. After the material co-payment, frames within the UnitedHealthcare selection or allowance are 100% covered every 24 months. The material co-payment is $20. This applies to the entire purchase, not the lens and frame individually.
- Lenses – If prescribed, a pair of single vision, lined trifocal and standard lenticular lenses.
- Frames – Your choice from a wide selection of fashionable frames will be covered. If you select a frame from outside the covered selection, you will be given a frame allowance. At retail chain locations, you will be able to choose from a wide variety of paid-in-full frames, or receive a discount off of already reduced prices. There is a $130.00 frame credit for private practices.
- Contact Lenses – In lieu of lenses and a frame, you may select contact lenses. UnitedHealthcare covers a wide variety of contact lenses from many leading manufacturers (over 85% of participants choose from the covered selection). Six boxes of covered disposables are included when obtained from a network provider. A $150 credit will be applied toward the evaluation, fitting, and purchase of non-covered contact lenses once every 12 months. Please note: To receive the full $150 credit, you must receive your exam, fitting and evaluation at the same provider.
- Patient Options – Should you choose patient options not covered by the program such as tints, progressive lenses, scratch, UV, and anti-reflective coating, you will be able to purchase these options at a significant discount. This additional benefit may save you 20% to 40% off of retail on cosmetic lens options and lens upgrades.
Laser Eye Surgery – UnitedHealthcare participants receive access to discounted refractive eye surgery procedures from numerous provider locations throughout the United States. To find a participating Laser Eye Surgeon in your area, visit our web site at www.myuhcvision.com. UnitedHealthcare Vision had partnered with the Laser Vision Network of America (LVNA) to provide our members with access to discounted laser vision correction providers. For more information, call 888-563-4497 or viist www.uhclasik.com.
If you elect vision coverage and choose to use a non-network provider, you will be reimbursed up to:
Single Vision $40.00
Contact Lenses (in lieu of spectacle lenses and frames)
Medically Necessary $210.00
If you choose a non-network provider, you will need to send your itemized receipts, with the plan participant’s Social Security number and the patient’s date of birth to:
UnitedHealthcare Claims Department
P. O. Box 30978
Salt Lake City, UT 84130
Please note: Receipts for services and materials purchased on different dates must be submitted together at the same time to receive reimbursement. UnitedHealthcare will reimburse you according to the schedule shown above.
With UnitedHealthcare, you are able to choose from participating optometrists, ophthalmologists, and retail chain providers. Prior to enrolling in or using the UnitedHealthcare vision care plan, if you would like to identify a network provider, call UnitedHealthcare’s Provider Locator Service at 1-800-839-3242 and follow the voice prompts:
- Enter your Social Security number.
- Enter your zip code.
- After each entry, the system will repeat what you have entered and ask that you “Press 1” if correct, or “Press 2” if incorrect.
- The system will then identify up to three network providers in your area.
- If you wish to hear the selections again, press 1. To enter another five-digit zip code, press 2.
Prior to using your benefits at a network provider, please call the provider and make an appointment. Please inform the provider that you are UnitedHealthcare participant.
This system will allow you to find providers in your area prior to enrolling in or to using the UnitedHealthcare Vision Care Plan.
Visit UnitedHealthcare’s web site and provider locator
- Always have your UnitedHealthcare Member ID (found on the ID card printed from the UHC website) available when making your appointment. This will assist your provider in obtaining a claim authorization prior to your visit.
- In- or Out-of Network – Benefits available every 12 or 24 months (depending on the benefit frequency) based on last date of service.
- Receipts for services and materials purchased on different dates must be submitted together at the same time to receive reimbursement.
- Benefits for contact lenses are in lieu of a lens and frame. Your provider will help you determine which contact lenses are covered under your benefit.
- Toric, gas permeable, and bifocal contacts are all examples of non-covered contacts and are applied to the $150 in-network non-covered contact lens allowance.
- Your $150 contact lens allowance is applied to the fitting fee and evaluation as well as the purchase of contact lenses. For example, if the fitting fee and evaluation is $30, you will have $120 towards the purchase of contact lenses.
- Patient options such as scratch coating, UV coating, progressive lenses, etc., are not covered in full but are provided to UnitedHealthcare members at a substantial savings (20%-40%) below normal retail charges.
If you have any questions or concerns about your vision options, please contact UnitedHealthcare’s Customer Service Center at:
8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
Vision care benefits are provided by UnitedHealthcare.
Baltimore, Maryland 21244-2644
Customer Service: 800 / 638-3120
Provider Locator: 800 / 839-3242
Information is also available at www.myuhcvision.com
Underwritten by American General Life Insurance Company